Good food is essential on long hikes and trekking trips. That is why light and robust trekking tableware always belongs in the backpack. Here you will find a large selection of outdoor tableware sets from well-known manufacturers such as
Good food is essential on long hikes and trekking trips. That is why light and robust trekking tableware always belongs in the backpack. Here you will find a large selection of outdoor tableware sets from well-known manufacturers such as Esbit, GSI and Light my Fire. The high-quality trekking tableware in our shop is characterised by low weight, robust workmanship and high functionality.Learn more...
Stainless steel tableware and plates or other material?Plates, cups and cutlery must be resistant to bumps and scratches on hikes. For this reason, unbreakable stainless steel, enamel and plastic have become established for hiking utensils. But trekking tableware made of silicone is also becoming increasingly popular. Because when folded, the cups and bowls can be stored flat in the backpack.
Hikers and trekkers place a particularly high value on environmentally friendly and sustainable equipment. The Light my Fire brand produces various hiking utensils and drinking straws from environmentally friendly bioplastics. Instead of petroleum, the plastic tableware is made from renewable raw materials such as certified maize, sugar cane or wood.
Outdoor tableware offers clever functionsWhen hiking and camping, lightweight outdoor tableware is particularly advantageous. And for transport in a hiking backpack, it must be possible to stow the trekking tableware in the smallest possible space.
The special functionality of hiking tableware is characterised by the following features:
- Many outdoor tableware sets can be stacked inside each other to save space,
- Silicone allows particularly deep tableware (e.g. bowls, cups and soup plates) to be folded to a flat transport size,
- plates and bowls for outdoor use often have a smaller diameter than standard household tableware.
Trekking cutlery also offers practical functions:
- By folding or sliding open, the knife, fork and spoon can be reduced in size by a few centimetres while hiking. Folding knives also reduce the risk of injury because the blade is not open during transport.
- Multifunctional cutlery, such as the so-called spork (a combination of fork, spoon and knife) combine the functions of several pieces of cutlery.